Each week PharmacyWeek highlights pharmacy job openings from across the United States, and sometimes even overseas! Here is our top pick for the week:
Location: Naval Hospital Beaufort, South Carolina
Position: Civilian Night-Shift Pharmacist
The Bureau of Medicine and Surgery provides high quality medical care in wartime and peacetime. Civilian health care professionals work side-by-side with highly trained military medical staff to care for active duty members, their families, and retirees at medical treatment facilities around the globe. Every day, no matter what the environment, Navy Medicine is ready to provide world class care, anytime, anywhere.
A civilian night-shift pharmacist position (7:30pm-7:30am) is immediately available at the Naval Hospital Beaufort, SC.
$95,539.00 – $110,623.00 /year
Wednesday, June 08, 2011 to Friday, June 24, 2011 (*NOTE: Candidates who submit complete applications on/before 6/16/11 may be referred first. Candidates who apply after that date may be referred on an as needed basis.)
Naval Hospital Beaufort provides general medical, surgical, and emergency services to all Active Duty Navy and Marine Corps personnel, as well as Retired military personnel and all military dependents residing in the Beaufort area, a total population of approximately 35,000 beneficiaries. As a Pharmacist at Naval Hospital Beaufort, you will focus primarily on drug distribution and clinical pharmacy. You will process prescriptions, monitor patient drug therapy, and identify and resolve drug-related problems.
In this position, you will perform meaningful professional work in the field of pharmacy.
Typical day in this position:
- Processes medication orders and identifies and resolves potential problems with orders .
- Anticipates and provides appropriate recommendations regarding incompatibilities in intravenous admixtures.
- Participates in rounds as a member of the medical team to evaluate patient drug therapy and makes change recommendations to the clinicians responsible for patient care.
- Supervises the professional activities of pharmacy technicians and supportive staff, checking work performance for accuracy and completeness.
- Participates in formal patient education and counseling programs, as well as in patient discharge counseling.
- PharmD or BS Pharm Degree with pharmacist experience.
- Active pharmacist license from any state.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Retirement plan (Basic benefit, social security, and 401 K-type investment plan with employer matching and flexibility to retire between 55-57 with 10 years of employment).
- Lifetime health insurance (Navy pays portion of your premium, you pay with pre-tax dollars) you can carry into retirement.
- Dental/vision plans.
- Long term care insurance.
- Life insurance (Navy pays portion of your premium).
- 13-26 paid vacation days each year.
- 13 paid sick days each year.
- 10 paid holidays each year.
- Employee friendly flexibilities.
Set your sails in our direction and apply now! To view the complete job announcement please click here and follow the instructions in the “How to Apply” section. Or visit www.usajobs.gov and search for announcement number NE1-0660-11-JB486974-DH.
For more information about this job, click here.