Each week PharmacyWeek highlights pharmacy job openings from across the United States, and sometimes even overseas! Here is our top pick for the week:
LOCATION: Detroit, Michigan
EMPLOYER: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan
POSITION: Pharmacy Manager – Pharmacoeconomics
Assist Senior Leadership in the planning, development, and implementation of managed care products, programs, and services related to the company’s Medicare prescription drug program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
• Be the Medicare pharmacy SME in evaluation of the clinical programs and pharmacy operations with regards to economic effectiveness, safety, return-on-investment analyses, forecasting/predictive modeling of future healthcare utilization/drivers to provide relevant information to Medicare pharmacy and related stakeholders
• Effectively translate pharmacoeconomic outcome measures into an executable strategy that supports sound clinical and business decision making and plays a key role in monitoring and improving the quality of pharmacy programs, projects and benefits.
• Demonstrate the clinical and financial value of Medicare pharmacy products and services through pharmacoeconomic principles.
• Provide analytic support for Medicare pharmacy product development and enhancement projects through baseline analysis, ongoing analyses to guide product/program development, pilot studies, as well as providing clinical & financial value assessment.
• Acts as consultant to external and internal stakeholders to address client issues, suggest solutions, study outcomes and provide recommendations related to products and programs.
• Develop, implement and maintain drug utilization/drug use management and review programs, medication therapy management and a with emphasis on CMS Star Ratings
• Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining formularies and rebate programs.
• Participate in the P&T and specialty prescription processes, making both clinical and financial formulary recommendations.
• Assist in the creation of various effective, efficient communications for distribution to internal and external customers.
• Prepare, review and conduct presentations or educational programs to various audiences, including customers, agents and internal marketing departments.
• Supervise, set performance goals/objectives, monitor performance, evaluate, and mentor clinical and non-clinical staff.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy is required.
• Current or willing to obtain Michigan Pharmacist License.
• Three (3) years experience in pharmacy administration and/or clinical pharmacy, including experience in a leadership role.
• Thorough knowledge of applicable State of Michigan regulations related to health care benefits and, National regulations related to health care policy and legislation.
For more info and to apply visit
Requisition # BCB000QN