Each week PharmacyWeek highlights pharmacy job openings from across the United States, and sometimes even overseas! Here is our top pick for the week:
LOCATION: Paris, Texas
EMPLOYER: Cardinal Health
POSITION: Director of Pharmacy
At Cardinal Health, we’re developing the innovative products and services that make healthcare safer and more productive. Join a growing, global company genuinely committed to making a difference for our customers and communities.
What Health System Pharmacy contributes to Cardinal Health?
Health System Pharmacy is responsible for providing customized pharmacy program solutions that reduce costs and improve patient care quality for hospitals, health systems and other integrated healthcare providers; may also consult with and advise healthcare team on prescribed medications, supplies and related processes.
What is expected of you and others at this level in Pharmacy Operations for functional success?
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors; may manage business support, technical or production staff
- Has accountability for managing financial resources
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
- Applies expertise to improve effectiveness and provide guidance to employees in own area
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that impact the work of subordinates within job family; influences subordinates to support decision by presenting rationale/business case
- Role models Cardinal Health’s high ethical standards and code of conduct
- Recognizes development needs and capability gaps in own area and arranges specific projects/assignments to address needs
- Works with customers to anticipate and interpret customer needs and business challenges
- Resolves operational problems that impact the effectiveness of own area
- Proactively identifies talent internally and externally, including participation in succession planning
- Encourages subordinates to strive for operational excellence by continually challenging old methods or ways of thinking and taking responsible risks to maximize results; serves as a role model in innovative thinking and in focusing on quality within work
- Works collaboratively with internal/external groups to achieve business results, integrating the diverse perspectives of individuals of different backgrounds; coaches others in the dynamics of effective teamwork
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- 3-5 years related pharmacy experience
- Ability to develop, implement and lead all aspects of pharmacy operation
Apply online at: http://www.cardinal.com/us/en/careers/
Candidates Only Please, No Recruiters!
For information or to apply contact:
Linsy Varughese, MHA, MBA — Clinical Recruiter – Cardinal Health
281.749.4455 (W); 281.749.2026 (F); 1.800.231.9807 ext. 1455
© 2011 Cardinal Health. All rights reserved CARDINAL HEALTH, the Cardinal Health LOGO and Essential to care are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cardinal Health. All other marks are the property of their respective owners. Lit. No. 5HR1896 (04/2010)