As a pharmacist, you have options when it comes to where you work, and at PharmacyWeek we see several pharmacy job opportunities cross desks every day that even make us want to get up and go work at these dream destinations. Jet Setter Pharmacist highlights great job openings in even better locations, and what makes these locations and employers so unique!
LOCATION: Billings, Montana
EMPLOYER: Cardinal Health
POSITION: Director of Pharmacy
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT: Billings is Montana’s city. Shaped by the Yellowstone River and sheltered by the Rims. Billings is the cradle of progressive regional commerce providing healthcare, transportation, diverse educational opportunities, cuisine, arts and culture. A place of forever views, forever memories and the adventure of the untamed wilderness and history right out your front door.
Ask residents about what they love about the city of Billings and you’ll more than likely get a plethora of responses that in some way all relate to the goodness of the people in the community. Billings is Montana’s Trailhead. Whether you choose Billings because of its resilient economy, education and medical opportunities, low crime rate, strong housing market, or the history and wonderful leisure ventures, you’ll find that the people who do business here, raise their families here, retire here, and/or play here – genuinely enjoy the community in which they live.
If you like to play, you’re sure to enjoy Billings’ playgrounds. From the gorgeous Rimrocks to free-flowing Yellowstone River, you can walk the dog, ride your bike, run like crazy and enjoy the beauty of Billings’ big sky. The recreational opportunities are endless in the greater Billings area. You can take up an outdoor hobby in each of the four seasons. Enjoy hiking, camping, fishing, skiing, mountain biking, snowmobiling, hunting, golfing, rafting, bird-watching, boating and much more. You can enjoy a long hike and then hit the town for a first-class dinner at one of the area restaurants. Want to enjoy nature in your vehicle? Take a Sunday drive on the gorgeous Beartooth Scenic Bi-way or Chief Joseph pass. Yellowstone National Park is one of the world’s most incredible scenic wonders and it’s a short Montana drive. Want to take in some history? Head to Pompey’s Pillar, just 20 miles east of Billings, to check out part of the journey along the Lewis and Clark trail.
Billings is where the plains meet the mountains. You can work hard all week and play all weekend. Enjoy rugged mountains, wildlife areas, open vistas, spectacular scenery and meet friendly, helpful people along the way.
ABOUT THE JOB: Director of Pharmacy – Requisition ID: 10001981 – Billings Clinic
What is expected of you for success in your role
- Manages professional employees and/or supervisors; may manage business support, technical or production staff
- Has accountability for managing financial resources
- Provides technical guidance to employees
- Develops processes and procedures to implement functional strategies
- Makes decisions, often difficult and/or unpopular, that impact the work of subordinates within job family; influences subordinates to support decision by presenting rationale/business case
- Bachelor’s degree in pharmacy required; PharmD preferred
- 3-5 years related pharmacy experience
- Ability to develop, implement and lead all aspects of pharmacy operation
- Must have a Montana pharmacy license in good standing with the Montana State Board or eligible to become licensed in Montana.
Who is Cardinal Health?
- Leading, global provider of information, products, services and technologies for the health care industry
- Ranked 19th in Fortune 500
- 30,000 employees worldwide
- $99 billion global company
Who is Pharmacy Solutions?
- We provide hospital pharmacy consulting and remote pharmacy services, as well as inpatient and outpatient pharmacy management services.
- We offer a broad support network, in-depth training and development opportunities, diverse career opportunities and industry-leading tools and resources.
- We bring 40 years of expertise in helping hundreds of hospitals improve both the financial predictability of the pharmacy and the quality of patient care.
Apply online at: http://www.cardinal.com/us/en/careers/
Candidates Only Please, No Recruiters!
For information or to apply contact:
Rhonda Fojtik — Clinical Recruiter – Cardinal Health
281.749.4133 (W); 281.749.2026 (F); 1.800.231.9807 ext. 1133