As a pharmacist, you have options when it comes to where you work, and at PharmacyWeek we see several pharmacy job opportunities cross desks every day that even make us want to get up and go work at these dream destinations. Jet Setter Pharmacist highlights great job openings in even better locations, and what makes these locations and employers so unique!
LOCATION: Malvern, Pennsylvania
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT: Welcome to the Borough of Malvern, a unique, small town village located in southeast Pennsylvania, approx. 25 miles west of Philadelphia. The Borough is 1.3 square miles and has a population of approximately 3,200. Malvern has experienced significant growth over the past few years and continues to see tremendous revitalization in both the residential and commercial districts.
Malvern is the quintessential Pennsylvania , all-American style town. If you want to sample Pennsylvania’s “small town USA” Malvern is a good place to check out. Malvern was settled by colonists two centuries ago, and it is full of history, including the Civil war exploits of Pennsylavnia’s 52nd Regiment Infantry. Malvern dates back to the Victorian era and continues to reflect this in the Victorian facades found in the business district, the Victorian street lamps and the brick pavers. Residents and businesses continue to be attracted to Malvern.
The SEPTA R5 rail system runs alongside the town and makes several stops each day. Buses also run through town on a daily basis, going to West Chester (the County Seat), Exton Square Mall and the King of Prussia Mall. Malvern is a pedestrian-friendly town; residents and shoppers alike walk the streets to visit the many lovely antique and gift shops along King Street. Malvern also boasts a small shopping center, consignment shops, coffee-shops, restaurants and flower shops. Oh, and by the way, there is no sales tax on clothing in Pennsylvania.
Malvern Halloween and Memorial Day parades are famous throughout Pennsylvania. Typically held in the first weekend of June, the Annual Memorial Parade takes place. It is known as the oldest continuously held Memorial Parade in the US. Expect bands, floats, military color guards, antique vehicles, and fire trucks.
Visit Historic Philadelphia. America’s most historic city and home of Independence Hall, the Liberty Bell, Fairmount Park, Boat House Row, the Philadelphia Museum of Art, Franklin Institute, Natural History Museum, plus much more! You can even take a day trip to the world famous Atlantic City Boardwalk lined with world-class casinos featuring the best in headline entertainment.
Many unique family-oriented attractions are nearby: Sesame Place, Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom, The New Jersey State Aquarium, The Franklin Institute, The Please Touch Museum, America’s first zoo — The Philadelphia Zoo….and many more. Tour a potato chip factory or see how mushrooms are grown. From Malvern there is so much to do that it’s up to you!
ABOUT THE JOB: We are looking to speak with healthcare operations leaders that have specialty pharmacy expansion experience. This position is responsible for achieving assigned revenue, profitability, operational, sales, and clinical objectives for CoramRx Specialty Pharmacy.
- Oversees the implementation and ongoing profitability of all assigned managed care and payor accounts. Identifies and executes opportunities to grow revenue and improve profitability with the assigned accounts. Responds to requests for proposals.
- Oversees and manages relationships with pharmaceutical manufacturers with the goal of obtaining access to product and/or rebates from them.
- Executes Company initiatives, such as price improvement initiatives, program implementation, and new product rollouts.
- Evaluates market trends and key customer needs. Provides feedback to Corporate Sales and Marketing departments.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state, and local laws and regulations, Company policies and procedures, and standards of accrediting body.
- Supervises subordinate staff for development, project direction, and production quality and quantity. Responsible for hiring, providing performance feedback, and disciplining of subordinate staff.
- Directs internal and external sales representatives.
- Works closely with managed care team to drive contracting, profitability, and revenue growth.
- Completes reports on sales, profitability, and contract opportunities.
- Performs other related duties as directed by supervisor.
- Current license to practice pharmacy in state of employment required.
- A minimum of 10 years related experience is required.
- Bachelor or Doctor of Pharmacy degree preferred.
- Operational, sales, clinical and manufacturer relations experience in the area of specialty pharmacy and infusion industries preferred.
- Expertise with CPR+ preferred.
Coram, an Apria Healthcare Company, is a leading provider of specialty infusion and pharmacy distribution services with more than 80 branch locations and over 50 infusion suites throughout the country. Our more than 2,000 employees, including nearly 1,000 infusion nurses and pharmacists, are known in the industry for providing a high level of personalized care to thousands of home and infusion suite IV patients every day.
Apria Healthcare (or Coram Healthcare) is an equal opportunity employer. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, religion, citizenship, national origin/ancestry, physical/mental disabilities, military status or any other basis prohibited by law.
Because Apria believes in providing a safe work environment, we conduct drug and background checks in our recruiting/hiring processes. AA/EOE, M/F/D/V