Each week PharmacyWeek highlights pharmacy job openings from across the United States, and sometimes even overseas! Here is our top pick for the week:
Location: Russellville, Kentucky
Employer: Logan Memorial
Position: Director of Pharmacy
Hiring the heart Of Our Hospital
Overview: Responsible for the overall administrative and clinical direction and management of the hospital pharmacy including functioning as director and at times in the multiple role of day to day staff pharmacist while managing additional staff. Demonstrates knowledge and skills to direct and manage a hospital pharmacy appropriate to the hospital’s patient/family population with the vision of provision of quality care, satisfaction of physicians and employees and fiscal responsibility. Demonstrates effective oral and written communication skills with internal and external customers.
- Doctorate of Pharmacy or 10 years experience as Registered Pharmacist
- Proprietary hospital experience preferred
- Proficiency in preparation and management of hospital pharmaceuticals.
- Familiarity with and ability to develop and implement policies and processes consistent with hospital , state, and federal regulatory guidelines (CMS, DEA) and The Joint Commission (quality accrediting body for healthcare organizations), maintaining continuous compliance.
- Ability to effectively participate in P&T and quality meetings to oversee the appropriate and effective use of medications in the acute care setting.
- Meditech and/or HMS experience preferred.
- Microsoft Office