Each week PharmacyWeek highlights pharmacy job openings from across the United States, and sometimes even overseas! Here is our top pick for the week:
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Employer: Yuma Regional Medical Center
Position: Inpatient Pharmacist – Informatics
Come be a pharmacist in Yuma, Arizona - where the sunshine never ends!
Experience the zest of the Southwest at Yuma Regional Medical Center (YRMC). Join our team at YRMC in Yuma, Arizona, which offers a friendly atmosphere with the latest medical trends and one of the most fully automated pharmacies in the nation. San Diego, Las Vegas, and Mexico are all within a day’s journey.
Inpatient Pharmacist – Informatics
The Inpatient Pharmacist – Informatics will be responsible for maintaining the Pharmacy formulary in the hospital setting. Should be knowledgeable about policies, procedures, and business operations in an Inpatient Pharmacy setting. Participates in regular day-to-day communication with other project teams and works with Epic and community based Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to ensure the documentation/orders build will fit the organization’s and community integration needs. Will participate in the development of workflows, data collection and analysis, reporting, and other technical issues associated with the use of the inpatient software. Will support EPIC applications and other pharmacy related information technology systems.
The Information Technology Division at Yuma Regional Medical Center provides vision, planning and guidance for implementing and maintaining technology. The technologies include large integrated systems like the Electronic Healthcare Record (EHR), Picture Archiving and Communication System (PACS) and Business Systems. Other technologies include Biomedical systems, Communication and Infrastructure systems, Telemedicine systems along with Desktop and Help Desk systems to name a few. The Information Technology Divisions focus is patient-centric; by providing a stable electronic environment for our patients and staff we deliver the tools necessary to care for patients in the 21st Century.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Pharmacy; PharmD preferred
- Licensure/Registration with State of Arizona Pharmacy Degree or eligibility
- Demonstrate expertise in an Inpatient Pharmacy department area
- Demonstarte proficiency in related technical knowledge; Epic Inpatient Pharmacy (Willow) experience preferred
- 2+ years healthcare setting experience; 3+ years working in Pharmacy Department setting preferred
- Must become certified in appropriate module which includes travel to the training facility for three separate week periods and successfully pass tests and project assignments within designated time periods. Must maintain certification yearly per Epic Standards
We provide a generous benefits package, with very competitive compensation. We also offer up to $10,000.00 in relocation and up to $10,800.00 in tuition reimbursement.
YRMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer that supports a drug-free and tobacco-free work environment.