As a pharmacist, you have options when it comes to where you work, and at PharmacyWeek we see several pharmacy job opportunities cross desks every day that even make us want to get up and go work at these dream destinations. Jet Setter Pharmacist highlights great job openings in even better locations, and what makes these locations and employers so unique!
LOCATION: Phoenix, Arizona
EMPLOYER: John C. Lincoln Hospital-North Mountain
POSITION: Director of Pharmacy
WHY YOU’LL LOVE IT: Things are different in the desert. The sky is bigger. The stars are brighter. The sunsets stop you in your tracks. America’s sixth-largest city still has real cowboys and rugged mountains and the kind of cactus most people see only in cartoons. Phoenix is the gateway to the Grand Canyon, and its history is a testament to the spirit of puebloans, ranchers, miners and visionaries.
Projected against this rich backdrop is a panorama of urban sophistication: Resorts and spas that drop jaws and soothe souls. Stadiums and arenas worthy of the world’s biggest sports spectacles. Restaurants with inspired cuisine and inspiring patio views. Golf courses that beckon players the year round. Shopping centers as stylish and eclectic as the fashions they house.
Nearly perfect year-round weather and several impeccably designed championship courses have made Phoenix one of the top golf destinations in the world. But there’s more to this mild-mannered metropolis than pristine greens and tee times. The greater Phoenix area also offers an array of impressive cultural attractions. Visit the internationally renowned Heard Museum for an in-depth look at Native American history or peruse the fine collection at the Phoenix Museum of Art. Enjoy a ballet performance at the ornate Orpheum Theater or catch a concert at the state-of-the-art Comerica Theatre. The city offers access to numerous outdoor endeavors including rock climbing, hot-air ballooning, desert jeep tours and more.
This is Greater Phoenix — Arizona’s sunniest metropolis.
ABOUT THE JOB: The Director of Pharmacy is responsible for the provision of pharmaceutical services to the patients of John C. Lincoln Hospital-North Mountain through safe, rational, cost effective, and ethical drug therapy.
- Directs, by coordinating, all the activities in the hospital pharmacy including purchasing, dispensing and monitoring the utilization of pharmaceuticals.
- Ensures the delivery of quality pharmacy services for inpatients, outpatients and employees as demonstrated by documentation.
- Directs and supervises pharmacy staff through proper selection, training, motivating, evaluation, and retention techniques. Ensures that activities of the pharmacy meet the regulatory requirements of Federal, state governments and the standards of the American Society of Health System Pharmacists (ASHP).
- Acts as a liaison with nursing, medical staff, lab, radiology, concerning prescription orders, pharmaceutical detail, pharmacy activities, errors and/or complaints.
- Ensures that department facilities, equipment, and materials are in a condition that promotes efficiency, health and safety of patients and staff.
- Bachelors Degree in Pharmacy
- 5 – 7 years experience as a Pharmacist; supervisory experience needed.
- Current Arizona Pharmacist Licensure in good standing and issued by the Arizona State Board of Pharmacy.
Apply Here: http://www.click2apply.net/tgcqk48
For more information about this job, click here.